Friday

Pronger skates in Rehab


Consider this a follow up on my previous article Pronger to Miss Time (August 11th).

This one holds some better news however. Pronger underwent knee surgery in July, due to an injury suffered in Game 1 of the Eastern Quarter Finals versus Boston. Pronger's timeline for his return was looking to land him right on the heal of the flyers season opener.

The Good News? Recently during his rehab, Pronger skated for the first time since Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Pronger skated for 15 or so minutes at the Voorhees Flyers Skatezone on wednesday.

Tim Panacchio of CSNPhilly got some great quotes from Pronger (the player, not Tpanotch's cat) in his article "Pronger Skates for the first time since Playoffs"

“I didn’t fall, so I have to say it’s pretty good,” Pronger said after the short session, which lasted about 15 minutes. Pronger underwent arthroscopic surgery to his knee in late July.

“I felt OK,” he said. “It’s coming along. I’m not hitting a plateau. It’s getting better every day.”

Pronger is wearing a protective knee brace while awaiting the arrival of a customized version.

“I’ll probably have to wear this for a while,” Pronger said of the brace. “The [customized] one wasn’t ready, so I just went out. I didn’t want to wait any longer for it to arrive. The brace wasn’t completed properly. We had to do some modifications.”

“You just have to get used to it,” he said. “It takes a little time.”

“I’m approaching it as I’m getting ready to play and however long that takes, it takes,” Pronger said. “We’ll see how it goes. I don’t have a timeframe.”

Pronger said he doesn’t expect that his right knee will ever get to 100 percent compared to his left knee, given the multiple surgeries he’s undergone.

“I want it to be as strong as it can be,” he said, adding he has no idea if he’ll play any preseason games.

Chris Pronger to Tim Pancchio (September 15th).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers