Monday

Leighton talks Growth


CSNPhilly's Sarah Baicker checks in with her latest article via CSN,Leighton will draw on Last Year's Lessons. Here are some quotes from her discussion with the Flyers starting goaltender.

Leighton on feeling after finals loss.
“I stayed off the ice for a while. Obviously, you just want to relax your body. I had a few things I wanted to get better, so I took some time off and relaxed, got a lot of family time in. Then I started working out again, and got back on it.”
“It’s done, it’s over with, it’s not like I can change the result. I look back at it, and it’s still pretty cool to see where we went and what we did. There’s no sense of just erasing that from your mind. You definitely want to keep that in the back of your mind and keep positive.”


Leighton on moving forward.
Throughout your career, you’re always going to gain things. You’re going to get different experiences that you’re just going to keep in your memory bank, and obviously that’s going to be something I’m never going to forget. You learn a lot.”


Leighton goes into a battle for the top spot this week in training camp. His combatants; Brian Boucher and Johan Backlund. With an outside shot to Russian goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky.

The "second year" goaltender, Leighton, posted a 8 and 3 record during the Flyers playoff run while undoubtedly playing hurt. Leighton will look to build off that and lead the Flyers to their second straight Stanley Cup appearence this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers