Thursday

Guerin on Tryout basis with Flyers


Two time Stanley cup winner, Bill Guerin is on a tryout during training camp with the Flyers. Guerin is on a basis that he can skated with the team and be part of the team, yet he is able to leaver at any point in time. The 17 year vet played his most recent years with the Pittsburgh Penguins, where he won his second Stanley Cup. Guerin tallied 21 goals and 24 assists in 78 games with another 4 goals and 5 assists in 11 postseason games.

Here are some quotes from Guerin from the past week.

"Right now I'm just kind of skating and being around the guys. This is a team I would definitely like to play for, but we'll see."
Guerin to Courier-Post.


Excerpt from TSN's 9/14/10 article

"This is a position that I've never been in in my career," said Guerin on Tuesday. "But I'm confident in my abilities still. I know that my birth certificate says almost 40 (in November), but I feel almost 25."

"I have always had a lot of respect for the Flyers organization and their players, and I'm excited to be here," said Guerin. "You know what guys are like, and you gain a lot of respect for guys who play this hard."

"The big thing is they have a lot of character in the room to go along with their talent," said Guerin. "You know, things have to go right. You have to stay healthy, time yourself, and be good at the right times. The skill level is there, the commitment is there, and the character is there. So this team is extremely close (to winning a title)."


Guerin seems very optimistic about this team and his chance of making it. Adknowledging that he is getting older yet doesn't feel like it. Guerin would add extra leadership and experience to a Flyers team geared for a comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers