Thursday

Andrej Meszaros


The Flyers traded for the 24 year old Lightning defenseman just minutes before 12 o'clock. Meszaros was one of the most coveted RFA last season and was signed by TB for $4M.

Meszaros is set to make $4M for the next 4 years and settle in a 3rd or 4th defenseman. Cobrun could be left out because of this deal with now only 6 or 7M left on salary cap.

Meszaros is a tough defenseman who brings an edge to his game with his toughness. he'll fit in great and learning under a guy like Pronger. We'll see if the Flyers go after any other defenseman. They rumored to be interested in Tallinder and Lydman of the Sabres, now UFAs.

Meszaros on being No. 5 "I want to be a part of this team and I want to win. I am a team guy. Whatever the coach wants me to do I will do." via Anthony SanFillipo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers